Norma’s Cafe, the original Dallas comfort food dining icon, will be supporting the American Red Cross serving Dallas/Fort Worth Monday, March 14th through Friday, March 18th, with “Red Cross Week at Norma’s Cafe.” Multiple promotions will run throughout the week at all three cafe locations with different opportunities to support the Red Cross in its mission to alleviate human suffering in the face of emergencies.
In celebration of the week and of National Red Cross Month, Norma’s Cafe guests can take part in the following:
- Monday, March 14 - Buy any slice of Mile-High Pie™ and a portion of the sales will be donated to the North Texas Red Cross.
- Tuesday, March 15 - Norma’s Cafe guests will be introduced to the Tornado App, which is available on Apple and Android platforms by searching “Red Cross Tornado.” Guests who download the app will receive a free slice of Mile-High Pie™ on their next visit to Norma’s Cafe. The Tornado App alerts users of tornados in the area, provides a checklist of emergency procedures and helps locate shelters for protection.
- Wednesday, March 16 - A portion of sales at all three Norma’s Cafe locations will go directly to the Red Cross.
- Thursday, March 17 – Norma’s Cafe guests who download the Red Cross Monster Guard App, which is available on Apple and Android platforms, will receive a coupon for a free slice of Mile-High Pie™ for their next visit to the cafe. The Monster Guard app is designed to teach kids (aged 7-11) how to prepare for real-life emergencies in a fun and engaging game.
- Friday, March 18 – Norma's Cafe will host a drawing for a chance to win free chicken fried steak for a year. Guests can enter for a chance to win all week at all three locations. A winner will be selected on Friday.
Red Cross donation cans will also be at all Norma’s Cafe locations throughout this entire month.
About Norma’s Cafe
Norma's Cafe is a Dallas home cooking institution. Founded in 1956, Norma's Cafe serves up hot, fresh, and savory home-style meals, with a sinful Texan flare, which are sure to make your mouth water. The original location has been operating in Oak Cliff for nearly 60 years. Norma’s Cafe has two newer locations located in North Dallas and Frisco. Norma's Cafe is the rare type of cafe that one can stop by for a cup of freshly brewed coffee or a full-on family meal and leave equally satisfied. Norma's Cafe staples include big breakfasts, characterized by fluffy biscuits and gravy, satisfying dinners with award-winning chicken fried steak, and homemade, Mile-High Pies™ for dessert. Norma’s Cafe is the one, the only, the original. For more information about the Norma’s Cafe on W. Davis Street, Dallas Parkway or Frisco, having Norma’s Cafe cater your next meal or ordering its famous Mile-High Pies™, call (972) 820-5871 or visit www.NormasCafe.com.
About the American Red Cross
The American Red Cross shelters, feeds and provides emotional support to victims of disasters; supplies about 40 percent of the nation's blood; teaches skills that save lives; provides international humanitarian aid; and supports military members and their families. The Red Cross is a not-for-profit organization that depends on volunteers and the generosity of the American public to perform its mission. For more information, please visit redcross.org or visit us on Twitter at @RedCross.