Each president recites the following oath, in accordance with Article II, Section I of the U.S. Constitution:
"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."
I am writing this post for you. This is another day in our history that deserves recognition and attention. You owe it to yourself and to the men and women who have fought for this country (in war, in office, or in grassroots assembly) to preserve its freedom and opportunity.
Watch the 2009 Presidential Inauguration live on your computer screen.
This is for the office space employees watching this historical event. Stop what you're doing at 11am and tune in. Because if you have children someday, they might want to know where/what you were during this time. (I said If...!)
Watch the swearing in of our 44th President with your neighbors.
- Presidential Inauguration Watch Celebration @ Studio Movie Grill in Addison (5405 Beltline Rd. Dallas, TX 75248) from 11am-2pm hosted by the Black Business Directory.
"We are expecting 200 guests to this historical event, and have made Paul Quinn College the beneficiary of a portion of the proceeds. We will have media sponsors from radio, The North Dallas Gazette, and possible TV coverage."
- Watch the inauguration at Angelika Film Center (5321 East Mockingbird Lane, Suite 230, Dallas, TX | ph: 214.841.4713) on the Big Screen. Seating begins at 10 am and is free on a first come, first served basis.
- The Magnolia (3699 McKinney Avenue, Suite 100, Dallas, TX 75204 | ph: (214) 764-9106 ) will be showing a live broadcast of the swearing-in. The theatre will carry full, uninterrupted coverage of the Inauguration Ceremonies and President-elect Barack Obama's Inaugural Address. Admission is free but is on a first-come, first-served basis.
And a big day like this one calls for a celebration into the night.
- Join fellow Dallas Democrats from 6-11:00pm at Trinity Hall in Mockingbird Station (5321 E. Mockingbird, Dallas, TX) and watch the festivities in D.C. on the big screen. No cover.
- Radio One Inaugural Ball for Barack Obama featuring Don Diego and his Las Vegas Style Revue and Paul Rogers and Natural Change at House of Blues. Doors open at 6:00m and tickets are $55-$100. Purchase tickets online. (I don't think this is a benefit and was even skeptical to post. Purchase tix at your discretion.)
- The LoneStar Dallas Texas/Washington Inauguration Reception Gala 2009. State Representative Yvonne Davis, Judge Gracie Lewis, Mrs. Isabell Cottrell, Honorable Tennell Atkins,Dr. Frederick Haynes, Dr. Stephen Nash, Mr. Jonathon Edmonds, Attorney Eric Johnson, Southwest Dallas County Democrat Club,Oak Cliff for Obama, and Euless for Obama will host The LoneStar Dallas Texas/Washington Inauguration Gala Reception at The Renaissance Hotel (2222 Stemmons Freeway, Dallas, TX). This event will benefit Dallas United Way and Paul Quinn College of Dallas Texas. Tickets are $65.00 each.
- And if you're in Fort Worth, check out the Rahr Brewery from 6-9pm. Admission is $10 and receive a glass. Beer is no charge.
"Come join in, celebrate or cry in your beer, but welcome our new president who has a mamouth task in front of him. This is a non partisan event and open to everyone. Regardless of your plolitical stripe there is allot of work to do to get America going again. It's going to be a team effort and we're all part of the team.
We'll have music and we will rebroadcast the Inauguration on our big screen. Of course there will be Rahr beer for all to toast the new President."
President-elect Obama talks about ways for everyone to participate in the Inauguration.
This inauguration isn't about me. It's about all of us.
And this is just a fun Adam Freeland rendition of Daft Punk's "Aerodynamic" to celebrate the inauguration of Barack Obama.
The following is a mixed-media stop motion music video and celebration commemorating the election and inauguration of Barack Obama as the forty-fourth president of these United States. Audibly showcasing Adam Freeland's remix of Daft Punk's "Aerodynamic" and the imaginative stylings of forward thinking toy artists Dalek, Bill McMullen and Kubrick to name just a few. Independently animated and directed by the progressive minds of the directing team GOLD, the piece is a labor of love that invites everyone to join in or create their own celebration this coming Tuesday January the 20th.
Interested in more events like this one? Subscribe to the ILiveinDallas calendar or RSS Feed. Visit often but get out for yourself!
- Barack Obama inauguration: Everything you need to know
- In With the New ... Presidents
- Aer OBAMA - Daft Punk vs. Adam Freeland