(Press release) Alfred Hitchcock was known as the “Master of Suspense” and over the course of his 50-year career fashioned for himself a distinctive and recognizable directorial style. Henry's Majestic will pay tribute to the "Master" on what would have been his 116th birthday with a 4-course dinner on August 13, 2015 beginning at 7PM. Henry’s Majestic Chef, Roe DiLeo and Alex Fletcher, Beverage Director, have created a menu with cocktail pairings inspired by four classic Hitchcock films that will take attendees on a journey of the mind and the palate. The cost is $75 per person and reservations are required. Please call 908. 451. 9598 to claim your seat! Henry’s Majestic is located at 4900 McKinney Ave, Dallas, TX 75225, HenrysMajestic.com
AMUSE COURSE BASED ON THE FILM “VERTIGO” (Complex and deceiving pairing, just like the film itself!)
- Veal Pate Spire with braised radish and basil pesto
- COCKTAIL: Layered cocktail of black berry compote, honey infused gin gelatin and lemon rind "custard". Finished with sage.
1ST COURSE BASED ON THE FILM “STRANGERS ON A TRAIN” (Dual plating, inspired by the "criss cross" theme of the film. Both cocktails actually pair with both salads. )
- Dueling salad course of Warm apricot and piquillo salad with pine nut vs. Watercress pancetta, manchego and boysenberry salad
- COCKTAIL: Lillet Blanc, Meyer lemon, angostura phosphate, soda
- COCKTAIL: Aperol, green tea, house made tonic reduction, soda, orange peel threads
2nd COURSE BASED ON THE FILM “REAR WINDOW” (Chef DiLeo's take on the classic meal Grace Kelly serves Jimmy Stewart during their stakeout.)
- Grilled Lobster with kohlrabi and eggplant. Black garlic oil, and topped with fried oyster.
- COCKTAIL: White Miso, Fresh lemon grass, gin, citrus.
3rd COURSE BASED OFF THE FILM “THE BIRDS” (Inspired by.......BIRDS!)
- Roasted Quail, sugar snap peas, braised fingerlings, and seared foie gras.
- COCKTAIL: Bubbles, Aylesbury Duck vodka, finger limes, hibiscus reduction
4th COURSE BASED OFF THE FILM “PSYCHO” (Bates' eccentric habit of constantly eating candy corn and Hitchcock's use of chocolate syrup in the filming of the classic shower scene.)
- Chocolate torte with candy corn crumble and cherry coco ”blood” syrup. Inspired by Norman
- COCKTAIL: “Manhattan” Blood orange infused Woodford double oak, sweet vermouth and sea salt chocolate, angostura and orange rind dust
The Dessert course, in homage to the creator of such an amazing body of work, comes with a twist that would make the "Master of Suspense" proud! You’ll have to attend to experience it. We wouldn’t want to spoil the surprise!