Be engaged. Be entertained. Be inspired. Be green. Earth Day Dallas seeks to plant environmental seeds that will flourish throughout our world.
Date & Time: Friday, April 22, 2011 at 10am-5pm &
Saturday, April 23, 2011 at 10am-5pm
Location: Dallas Arts District, Pearl Street and Flora Street
Celebrate Earth Day 2011 by joining the Earth Day Dallas festival featuring two days of exhibits, a speaker series, short films, music, entertainment, food and fun for everyone. It’s an exciting time for North Texans to come together to discover how we can all make a positive impact on our community and grow a greener Dallas together.
- Eco Expo: Universities, corporations and non-profit organizations bring you exhibits that showcase green products and research, plus emerging green technology.
- Tasty Truck Stop: Food trucks featuring delicious organic and local fare line up for your eating enjoyment throughout the event.
- Speaker Series: Hear compelling, enlightening lectures from an impressive line-up of speakers from environmental experts to advocates.
- Lean Green Film Shorts: Be engaged, educated and entertained by film shorts brought to you by the Dallas Film Society.
- Zero Trash Picnic Bash: Your kids may not like eating their greens, but the whole family will have fun as you learn how to be more green at this family picnic.
- Street Performers: You won’t have to look far to find fun and entertainment throughout the Earth Day festival.
- Green Smart Art Stations: Kids will have a blast at all the free Earth Day arts & crafts stations.
- Style Show: Local artists and designers take on the challenge of creating wearable art from recycled materials. Come vote on your favorites.
- Free Yoga: Bring along your mat because Earth Day has free yoga classes for anyone and everyone.
- Music: Music will fill the air and keep your toes tapping all day.
- Bike Rally: Celebrate the spirit of Earth Day by joining with fellow cyclists to bike to the event.
For more information, visit our website at www.earthdaydallas.org, and see how you can make a difference.