This Thursday, September 18th, kicks off a weekend-long celebration of Addison Oktoberfest, known as the most authentic Oktoberfest outside of Munich. If my tasting preview at Chamberlain's Brau Haus was any indication of what's in store, one can only dream of the wide world of beer and sausage that awaits. Whether you're an Oktoberfest regular or still learning how to pronounce bratwurst, I've provided five important rules to ensure your Oktoberfest will be one for the books. (Oh, and it rhymes with naughtworst).
Here are Five Tips for Having a Great Time at the 2014 Addison Oktoberfest
1. Come hungry- Seriously. The food here is to die for and encompasses everything from authentic sausages to bavarian treats from specialty food vendors and German sweets from local German bakeries. Like I said, I'm still dreaming about the veal sausage from Chamberlain's. Come hungry.
2. Bring your game face – If you're in search for some friendly competition this weekend, you're in luck. The Draught House biergarten will host games like shuffleboard, darts, foosball, and more for the whole weekend. Take it one step further with a 5k/1M run to Wipe Out Kid's Cancer on Saturday morning.
3. Get ready to DANCE - Check out the schedule here for some of your favorite German bands playing across three different stages. Fancy a Polka, anyone?
4. Go for the staycation - Book Oktoberfest weekend hotel packages in Addison to receive two admission tickets, a commemorative stein, and $10 in Tasty Bucks ($38 value) to enjoy all weekend long.
5. Don’t go crazy on the tickets - You have to buy tickets for transactions on food and beverage items. When buying tickets, it’s better to go under then over, otherwise at the end of the night you might be stuck with some extra tickets, wasted money, and tinge of guilt about not going back to spend them.
Thursday, September 18, 2014 6 p.m. – 11.p.m.
Friday, September 19, 2014 6 p.m. – Midnight
Saturday, September 20, 2014 12 noon – Midnight
Sunday, September 21, 2014 Noon – 5 p.m.
Thursday Sept. 18, 2014 FREE Fri-Sun Sept. 19-21, 2014 Ages 13+ $10, Ages 4-12 – $5, Ages 3 & under FREE
Tickets are available for advance purchase at www.addisontexas.net.
Free parking located at the northwest corner of Dallas Pkwy. and Arapaho Rd.