Come celebrate the craftiness in your community as Etsy Dallas and Oil and Cotton mark the sixth birthday of Etsy, Inc., a Brooklyn-based global online marketplace and community for the handmade, with the second annual local craft party. This event is free, for all ages; open to the public.
The 2011 Etsy Craft Party will include craftivities including:
- landscape necklaces, leather cuffs, and paper teepees, from Oil & Cotton
- a community collage
- spinning demonstrations by local artists
- a community weaving project
- Etsy Dallas photo booth
- handmade deserts from Etsy Dallas members
- beer and drinks
- raffle prizes
- a screening of the documentary “Handmade Nation: The Rise of DIY, Art, Craft and Design.”
Donations will be accepted to help raise money for scholarships for kids in the Oak Cliff neighborhood to attend art classes or camps at Oil & Cotton.