You have it right here: the 10 best free wifi spots in Dallas, TX.
10. Freebirds 5500 Greenville Ave, Dallas, TX | ph 214.265.9992. Relax and browse the web over the best burrito in North Texas. The food is cheap and the staff are friendly. Seating is available inside and out.
9. Bar Belmont 901 Fort Worth Ave, Dallas, TX 75208 | ph 214.393.2300. When the weather is nice drive over the hills to Oak Cliff and to the historic property of the Belmont Hotel. Order yourself a belmontini and sit out on the terrace to enjoy the best view of Downtown Dallas.
the belmont hotel dallas - bar patio originally uploaded by rachelgoldstar
8. Tempest Tea 5600 W Lovers Ln # 111, Dallas, TX 75209 | ph 214. 351.4832. Modern, chic and offering 75 varieties of loose-leaf and bagged teas.
From their website: Effective February 16, 2009 our retail location at 5600 W Lovers Lane is closed. We thank you for 5 great years at the Pavilion and look forward to serving you again soon at our new location. (to be announced soon) Until then, please continue to shop our website for all of your tea needs and thank you again for your continued patronage.
7. The Ginger Man 2718 Boll St, Dallas, TX 75204 | ph 214.754.8771. With happy hours everyday of the week and the jukebox finally getting better, the GMan is a great place to "work" after work. The overlapping trees outside really give you an earthy, summertime feel, and the upstairs lounge makes you feel like you're sitting in your bachelor Uncle's den.
Back Yard at The Gingerman originally uploaded by bigluketx
6. Urban Market and Cafe 1500 Jackson St. Dallas TX 75201 | ph 214.741.3663. It's a 3-in-1 experience: cafe, free wifi and grocery store. Parking in the garage is free for 2-hours with validation.
5. Buzzbrews 4154 N Central Expy, Dallas, TX 75204 | ph 214.826.7100. Cozy, eclectic and bottomless coffee. Nothing better.
4. Crooked Tree 2414 Routh Street, Dallas, TX 75201 | ph 214.953.1142. This place has received rave reviews in Yelp, DMagazine, and Pegasus News. With rave reviews (and some word of mouth) this place can also get very busy after 6pm. When you first walk in, find a seat, then get your coffee. The cozy little place in Uptown is the "quintessential Indie coffee house."
3. Opening Bell 1409 S. Lamar Suite #012 (Basement #012), Dallas, Texas 75215 | ph 214.565.0383. Surround yourself with art and music while sipping on your favorite drink and plugging in. The good music, comfortable couches and the stock market inspired atmosphere makes this place my #3 choice for the best free wifi spot in Dallas.
Opening Bell, Dallas, TX originally uploaded by jannconley
2. Dubliner 2818 Greenville Ave, Dallas, TX 75206 | ph 214.818.0911. For some late night working on a weekday I head over to Dubliner for the beer and social scene. What I like best is the place is non-smoking, so you can surf and drink for hours without reeking of smoke the next morning. The dark atmosphere helps make the screen easier to see (and I have heard it's better for your eyes.)
1. Dallas Public Library - Live it up in the library with thousands of books and resources at your disposal, plenty of outlets, and stay as long as you want without having to purchase anything. Membership is free and required to browse. 1515 Young Street, Dallas, TX 75201 | ph 214.670.1727
FYI, most places you will have to ask what the network and password is.
Did your favorite wifi spot make the list? If not, where is your favorite place to go?